Friday, February 22, 2008

Operation Sleepy Eagle

Well, the veil has been lifted on Operation Sleepy Eagle. A cunning plan to surprise my parents on their 30th wedding anniversary. It appears that we've managed to sneak in the entire out-of-town family without any leaks (though, truth be told, you can never be sure).

My sister and I have been working out the details of this party for a few months, and it's a relief that it went off without a hitch. I picked up the out-of-towners at Westchester Airport at 11:30 and got them started at a local bar. After that, all I had to do was get Mom and Dad to the restaurant at ten past six.

DSC_4614

Last night we celebrated three birthdays and a 30th anniversary. Mission Accomplished.

Update:
FYI: Photographically, I had a frustrating night. I changed a white balance setting in my camera a week or so ago and forgot about it. Since then I'd performed a firmware update so I wasn't sure why all of my photos had a nasty hue.

Lesson learned: When in doubt, reset the camera's controls. It could take me an hour to search through all the settings on my camera, but it would probably only take a minute to restore my settings from scratch.

No comments: