Thursday, January 12, 2006

Catching up

This is still day one of my photo-blogging experience, but I still have a lot of work to do to catch up. In late November I went out to compo to do a night shoot. It was a very chilly night and I was missing one of my gloves. Fortunately there was little wind to shake the tripod and a clear sky gave me a deep back-drop.


This shot is a 25 second exposure, the first time I attempted this shot I tripped the shutter accidentaly and shook the camera. During the second, and final, shot an SUV with HID headlights drove by casting sharp moving shadows across the lifegaurd shack. I really do like the way this one came out. Of course the presence of stars doesnt count against me either.

I kept several more pictures from this night. You can see them here on flickr.

No comments: